My employer discharged me without paying me a bonus. May I sue under the Wage Act ?

Attorney Answer: No.  Bonuses are specifically exempted from the Wage Act.   However,  if you were terminated under circumstances where the employer got out from under having to pay a substantial bonus,  you may have a claim against the employer for something known as the breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.    The difference between the Wage Act and this claim is that unlike the Wage Act,  it does entitle the plaintiff to triple damages and attorney’s fees.

Super Lawyers