What would be required of me to file a professional malpractice suit?

Additional Information:

I had been seeing a therapist in Newton for over 10 years to try to resolve some issues that developed from my childhood. He violated boundaries and took advantage of me.  I want to file charges and sue him for professional malpractice, but I’m hesitant because I’m just not sure I can bear everything to go through with it.  Can you tell me what would be required of me in a case like this?

Attorney Answer:

I am really and truly sorry to hear about this.    The process of suing your therapist is not easy,  but can be managed if you hire an attorney who has sufficient empathy and understanding of all you have gone through.     It is of utmost importance that the therapist has malpractice insurance.    That information is best obtained by an attorney and once you know the answer to that critical question,  you and the attorney can decide best how to proceed.    But based on all that you have suffered,  I think a lawsuit would be appropriate, though you would need emotional support to get through the process. 

Attorney Alan Fanger is a professional malpractice attorney. He serves the entire Greater Boston and Boston metrowest region including Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Middlesex County and the communities of Arlington, Boston, Braintree, Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Lexington, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Quincy, Sherborn, Sudbury, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, and Weston, Massachusetts.

Super Lawyers